Thursday, June 05, 2008

The shadow and Me


A lighted cigarette in hand, few moist hairs hanging out and self deceiving smile. The re-imaging of self image while siting on my bed listening to gazal and struggling to type correctly I could think of only what I have become lately. What I am out for? What is it I want? Am I lonely? have I realized of late that I am a moron? Am I a intellectually handicapped guy? Or is it that I have become too complex? Do I do the things I do? Do I do them for I want to do or for I pretend that I want to do? Perplexed, annoyed I swhich off all the thoughts. Then I regain, I regain myself. I feel that chill. I feel my own possession. I am smiling again but this time its not deceiving its reassuring. I take a gaze on myself and here I am standing in the balcony staring involuntarily at the shadow before me. It my shadow. I think how my shadow has become longer than me, all most but not quite like a monster. I try out run my shadow, I fail. I try out last my shadow I fail. I try our cast my shadow I fail.
I realize my shadow is my self image. My shadow is as false as my body and my shadow is what gives me the courage, there is light even behind me. I have traveled a path of light. For I can see my shadow i have defeated darkness. Then My shadow moves with me, and I cant see it no more. I cant see it no more for I have realized the direction. I need not see it any more. The shadow has served its purpose. I am on the right path now. I am in the direction of the source. The source of light. My shadow made me turn around and seek the source. The dark shadow. The ugly monstrous shadow.
The life is same. The life does it all. It gives dark and monstrous opportunities to realized the path. To realize the source. Turn around set your face off it. Follow the infinite. Don't follow your shadow, let it follow you. Thats where lies life.

Truly
Abinash

5 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

One more time...beautifully said :)
You write quite well!!
Cheers!!

abinash said...

Raaji : Thanks a lot dear. :) I just try giving a patterned shape to my incoherent thoughts.

Mudit said...

I think the shadow is reflection of your personality and of your standpoint.If the shadow is bright, it means you are in more light.You are on the right path.

Unknown said...

Hey its a beautiful analogy... shadow, light and life.
Well thought, nicely understood and beautifully expressed.

abinash said...

mudit: shadow can't be bright it can be darker though. But The point was not about being in the oppsite to light its about to be in the direction of it.

Rajashree: Thanks. :)