Thursday, April 03, 2008

A letter to and from....

I don't know why I want so desperately to publish this personal letter I had written to my best teach way back in 2003. It was when he was leaving my college and may be the last time we would meet in coming few years. I brief account of the letter and it's reply I will put in here.... readers please bear with me. :)

Dear Sir,
Quite strange though true, man invented alphabets and language, language is more likely to be used. Language for expressions. But strangely enough I dare to differ from the whole purpose and unable to express me through words of language and would like to take this written way of alphabets, forgive me for that.
Few feeling are better expressed through the symbols, few are better expressed unspoken, may be its of that sort. It didn't take your extra attention or favoritism for you to become my best. Its the discovery of truth that I found in you, its the charismatic disposition you always pursue, its the involuntary affection spread by you. The learning you never taught but induced in us through the philosophy of "self build man". Your philosophy of teaching will remain an infinite source of inspiration for the rest of my life. Its a salute from a student to the teacher who never taught by words but by self created examples. The place will be graced where you will serve the fundamental rule of humanity in creating more "selfs".
I dont know when we are going to stand before each other but I can assure you, the next time we will stand you will find me standing up to your vision, my vision.
A good bye to an extra ordinary teacher from an ordinary student.

Truly
Abinash
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reply:
Dear Abinash,
Love. Yeah there are feeling can't expressed through words but letters. It was great to read the letter, I was enriched with satisfaction. Certainly I hope and believe the next time we stand before each other you would be taller enough than me not in height but in achievement that I have to look up with pride to reach for a glimpse of you. Time is ever changing and hence life for life is a slave of time. But few good man out there can outlaw this rule and propel them selves into victory not just win, like these change never brought them adversity ever. Welcome difficulties in your way and be sure that in these difficulties you will become the man you will be for whole life. Pave yourself upon them for building the road of your choice. I know you can always make the best man. And I will be the most glad man to see you redefining the eights, which you will. Do write to me, have faith in god, have faith in your dreams and mostly have faith in yourself. Be the man you always want to be.
Keeping it here. be in touch, better through letters.

With lots of love and wishes
Sir.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been five years since this communication occurred. Still something is in it that drives me. May be its the passion he instilled in me to be a self man man always. To be a man I always want to. To dare beyond the fear. To build a "self" in me.

Truly
Abinash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for posting it...........